Pages

Saturday, September 3, 2011

13 - 16ish - Readers Digest Nonfiction

What is 13 - 16ish?? Well, I get Readers Digest fiction and nonfiction books. They arrive about every 3 months or so. So my lastest nonfiction series was not very good. Or else they were just not subjects that I was into at the time. The first one is a memoir about Christopher Plummer - you know Captain VonTrap of Sound of Music fame. I gave it a good try. I got to about page 150 before I gave up. I wanted it to be really great because I love the Sound of Music. But he is just a weird actor after all.
The other 3 books in the series are not even worth mentioning, sadly.
And I never got more than 75 pages into any of them.
This is so rare because I usually love these books.
Better luck next time.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you can call it quits if a book stinks. I've just learned that skill. There are too many awesome books to waste time on stupid ones

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Megan!
    And I've had the same thing happen to me...I find myself FORCING the read when I really just don't care and can't get into it.
    And I LOVE to read as well.

    ReplyDelete