Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

8 - 9. The Eyre Affair & Lost in a Good Book

Okay I am LOVING this series. I just bought all of the others. The main character, Thursday Next, is an agent for Jurisfiction. (the police force inside books!) She gets to go on great adventures inside of books and gets to interact with classic characters. These books are very well written and are witty to the max. Highly recommend!!
Love the review on the back of the book:
His novels have satire, fantasy, literary criticism, thrills, whodunits, games, puzzles, jokes, and tilt-a-whirl...

1 comment:

  1. So I'm only half way. But I was horrified/shocked to find out that in this alternate universe Jane Eyre, Jane goes to the mission field with her cousin instead of back to Thornfield.
    I wouldn't want to live in that world, but best get back to the book. Thanks for letting me borrow it. Can I name a child Thursday?

    ReplyDelete