Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

1. Heaven is for Real

I arrived home on Friday, Jan. 6th.
On Tues. Jan. 3rd my sister Brandee called and said that things had taken a bad turn and my dad was being moved to hospice because there was nothing else the doctors could do.
We arrived in Tyler, Texas on the morning of the 4th at 7:30 am and 24 hours later on Jan. 5th at 8 am, he died.
I am thankful that we had 24 hours to spend with him and my other 2 sisters, my uncle & aunt, cousins Ginger & Brooke, and my dad's girlfriend of many years, Karen.
We were able to say goodbye, share many stories about my dad, and a lot of good memories.
He was at peace with God and was ready to go.
He woke for maybe a minute when we arrived and then he was out for the rest. But that was a good thing because breathing was so difficult.

My grief comes in waves, but I am mostly at peace. I knew this day was coming. But it is still a very odd thing to lose a parent. It just feels a little more lonely in the world.
My dad (Daddy) is now in heaven.
A few months ago, Eve Kummert, gave me the book "Heaven is for Real" because her husband had died and the book really helped her. There is a chapter called "Jesus really loves kids" that she thought I would like.
I had put off reading it.
But when I got up from my long nap after arriving home from Tyler, I picked it up and read it.
It was awesome. We forget sometimes what is waiting for us. God is really "up there" and we will get to be with Him there.
Heaven is real. Accepting Jesus as your Savior is the MOST important decision we will make on this earth. The Bible is true and Jesus loves us, really, really loves us.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you had to go through that, momma. I cannot imagine. I'm glad you got to be there with him and everybody else.

    ReplyDelete